Chemistry Major/Minor Requirements
Professors Anderson, Dunn, Sipe; Associate Professor Mueller; Assistant Professor Deifel
Chair: Herbert J. Sipe, Jr.
The requirements for a major in Chemistry are the following:
- all courses from the Techniques Track (except honors) and
- the following courses from the Concepts Track: 110, 221, 230-231, 340-341, 441, and
- one of the following three groups of additional courses:
- (a) Chemistry 440 and one Chemistry elective at the 300- or 400-level; or
- (b) for ACS accreditation in Chemistry, Chemistry 335, 420, and 440;or
- (c) for ACS accreditation in Biochemistry, Chemistry 335 or Biology 311, and Chemistry 420, Biology 304, and
- one additional course in Biology, chosen from Biology 201 or 321.
The requirements for a major in Chemistry also include satisfactory completion of Mathematics 141-142, Physics 131-132, and Physics 151-152.
The requirements for a minor in Chemistry are the following:
- Chemistry 110/151 (4 hours credit);
- Chemistry 221/152 (4 hours credit);
- one additional lecture course in Chemistry at the 200-level or above (3 hours credit);
- one additional lecture course in Chemistry at the 300-level or above (3 hours credit);
- two additional laboratory courses in Chemistry, at least one of which must be at the 300-level (3-4 hours credit).
Chemistry Course Catalogue