Professors Hall, Utzinger; Associate Professor VogelS; Assistant Professor Allen
Chair: J. Michael Utzinger
The requirements for a major in Religion are
- 31 hours in Religion courses, including at least one course at the 200-level or above in each of the four areas of study: world religions, Biblical studies, Christian theology and ethics, and American and historical studies.
- At least one course must be a 400-level seminar, ordinarily the seminar designated Religion 445, Colloquium.
- Students must complete in sequence Religion 444 and Religion 445.
- Six hours in Philosophy courses are also recommended for students majoring in Religion; Philosophy 217, Greek 303, and Sociology 305 may be counted toward the required hours for the major.
The requirements for a minor in Religion are
- eighteen hours of courses in Religion.
- Only one introductory course (i.e. Religion 101, 102, or 103) may count toward the minor.
- The minor requires three additional courses at the 300-level or above, at least one of which must be a departmental seminar or the departmental colloquium (from Religion 405, 415, 425, 435, or 444 and 445).
- In addition to Religion courses, Philosophy 217 and Greek 303 may serve as electives toward the Religion minor.