P.O. Box 846
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943
Lizabeth A. Rand, Chair
Students who wish to complete this minor of the Rhetoric Program need to fulfill the following requirements, totaling 18 credit hours:
- Rhetoric 102 (Principles and Practice of Good Writing)
- Rhetoric 210 and 310 (Public speaking and Advanced Public Speaking)
- Rhetoric 301 (Creative Nonfiction)
- One course from among the following: Rhetoric 401, English 380, or Classical Studies 201.
- One course from among the following: English 350, English 352, Fine Arts 208, Fine Arts 308, Philosophy 102, Latin 411, French 305, German 402, Spanish 305, Spanish 306, or another course (including most capstone courses in the various majors) approved by the Director of the Rhetoric program .