Applying online is quick and easy. Complete the following checklist and submit with your application:
WHAT IS MY DEADLINE?
If you wish to enroll in the fall semester, you should apply by July 1.
If you wish to enroll in the spring, you should apply by December 1.
WILL MY CREDITS TRANSFER?
Hampden-Sydney awards transfer credit for courses which are equivalent to those available at the College. Although it isn't possible to indicate every course from another institution that may transfer to Hampden-Sydney, the following link to common Virginia Community College System courses and their Hampden-Sydney College course equivalents gives you a basic guide to transfer credit. The Registrar at the College will also be happy to review your transcript and advise you about transfer credits and the College's requirements.
- All students must meet Hampden-Sydney's proficiency and distribution requirements, either as a result of their previous college work or after matriculation at Hampden-Sydney.
- Hampden-Sydney considers a course for transfer if a student earns a grade of "C" or better (a grade of "C-" or lower earns no transfer credit).
- Up to, but not exceeding, 60 credit hours may be given for course work similar to that offered by Hampden-Sydney which can include AP, International Baccalaureate, Dual Enrollment classes, and regular transfer credit.
- Dual enrollment courses are treated as transfer credit.
- Hampden-Sydney does not grant credit for distance learning or correspondence courses.
- Transfer students who expect to receive six credit hours for composition courses taken elsewhere must take and pass the Rhetoric Proficiency Examination at the beginning of their first semester of residence.
For more information about applying, you may contact us now or call the Office of Admissions at (800) 755-0733.