Outside Catering Guidelines

  1. There is no restriction on food or drink you pick-up or have delivered (e.g. Dominos, Papa Johns) to campus residential, classroom and administrative buildings (Settle Hall excluded).  Other locations (includes all athletic buildings/facilities) are permitted with advanced permission from the College Events Office and must be notated on the Event Request Form. 

  2. If you wish to use a caterer other than Thompson Hospitality, they must have completed the necessary applications and be registered with the Business Office at least 30 days in advance of the event and have appropriate insurances (liability & workmen's compensation) and Health Department permits.  For this purpose, a "caterer" is defined as anyone preparing or serving food and/or drink on campus for fee (includes donated services and food trucks).

  3. The venue for all outside caterers must be approved in advance by the Director of College Events.  Middlecourt, Venable Lawn, Chalgrove, the Bell Tower Lawn and Settle Hall are not available to outside caterers. 

  4. Any catering event that includes sale/serving of alcohol must be catered by Thompson Hospitality under their ABC license. 

  5. Hampden-Sydney College reserves the right to limit and/or exclude any caterer from campus for any reason.  Unauthorized caterers will be removed from campus.