- Accommodations. You will find a complete list of accommodations in the Farmville/Central Virginia area, including hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts and lodges. Please make your reservations early.
- General Parking is available along College Road, around Fraternity Circle, in the lots beside Kirby Field House, Atkinson Hall, College Church, and behind Venable Hall. No through traffic will be permitted on Via Sacra from 9 a.m. until after the conclusion of Commencement. There will be no parking along Via Sacra during this time.
- Handicap Parking is available in the marked areas immediately behind Venable Hall. If you have any questions or special needs at any of the Commencement activities, please contact the Events Office at (434) 223-6114.
- Student-driven golf carts will be available to shuttle people from the parking lots and deliver them to both the Commencement Ceremony and to lunch.
- Rain Plan. Should there be a threat of rain during the weekend, the following events will be moved indoors:
- Graduation announcements may be ordered online from Herff Jones. The standard manufacturing time is 10-15 business days and rush manufacturing time is 3-5 business days. In addition to manufacturing time, please add 3-5 business days for standard shipping and 1 business day for rush shipping. For more information, please call Herff Jones at (804) 598-0971.
- Graduation Video is provided by Memories Videography. Videos are $45. You may pre-order your video using this order form. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- GradImages will be photographing all graduates at commencement. Visit the GradImages website to order your photographs online or call 1 (800) 261-2576.
- A Gift to Honor the Graduate Graduation is a special time for students and for parents. It is a time to reflect upon the many memorable experiences that both haveenjoyed at Hampden-Sydney College. The College hopes that parents will view this milestone event as an opportunity to make a gift in honor of your son's graduation. This is a wonderful way to acknowledge your son's accomplishment. Congratulations to your son on his graduation and to you on your graduation from college expenses! For your convenience, you may use the online gift form to make your gift to the College.