- Accommodations. You will find a complete list of accommodations in the Farmville/Central Virginia area, including hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts and lodges. Please make your reservations early.
- Parking. Campus Police and Security will facilitate parking beginning at 8 a.m. Please follow signage and special event staff directions to designated parking areas. In an effort to reduce traffic congestion and get your family parked quickly and safely, parking will begin at the center of campus (near Venable Hall, the Commencement location) and work outward (Kirby Fieldhouse). For your safety, parking will not be available along College Road or Via Sacra, for any reason. No through traffic will be permitted on Via Sacra from 9 a.m. until after the conclusion of Commencement.
Handicap Parking is available. If you have questions or special needs at any of the Commencement activities, please contact College Events at (434) 223-6138. Campus Police and Security will facilitate parking beginning at 8 a.m. Please follow signage and special event staff directions to designated parking areas. In an effort to reduce traffic congestion, handicap parking will be available in the upper Venable Hall lot. Overflow handicap parking will be available in Atkinson and Graham Hall lots. Parking will not be available along College Road or Via Sacra, for any reason. No through traffic will be permitted on Via Sacra from 9 a.m. until after the conclusion of Commencement.
Please look for marked areas near parking lots for student-driven golf carts that will shuttle guests to the Commencement ceremony location. Golf cart rides will also be available to the lunch site and parking areas after the Commencement activities.
We are expecting a large gathering for Commencement. You are encouraged to arrive 45 minutes early.
- Seating. The College makes every effort to ensure that each guest has a seat. Parents, students, and guests are not permitted to reserve seats prior to the event.
- Rain Plan. Should there be a threat of rain during the weekend, the following events will be moved indoors:
- Graduation announcements may be ordered online from Herff Jones. The standard manufacturing time is 10-15 business days and rush manufacturing time is 3-5 business days. In addition to manufacturing time, please add 3-5 business days for standard shipping and 1 business day for rush shipping. For more information, please call Herff Jones at (804) 598-0971.
- Graduation Video is provided by Memories Videography. Videos are $45. You may pre-order your video using this order form. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- GradImages will be photographing all graduates at commencement as they receive their degrees. Visit the GradImages website to order your photographs online or call 1(800) 261-2576.
- A Gift to Honor the Graduate Graduation is a special time for students and for parents. It is a time to reflect upon the many memorable experiences that both haveenjoyed at Hampden-Sydney College. The College hopes that parents will view this milestone event as an opportunity to make a gift in honor of your son's graduation. This is a wonderful way to acknowledge your son's accomplishment. Congratulations to your son on his graduation and to you on your graduation from college expenses! For your convenience, you may use the online gift form to make your gift to the College.