Johns Auditorium


Johns Auditorium

1951, 2005
Via Sacra
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943


Now used for Hampden-Sydney's theatrical productions and the Fuqua Computing Center, Johns Auditorium was named for Dr. Frank S. Johns 1908, distinguished Richmond surgeon who served the College faithfully for years as chairman of the Board of Trustees.

An expansion and renovation of Johns Auditorium was completed in January 2005. It included flexible audience and production space, easily accessible restrooms, seating for an audience of 300, a "black box" theater that doubles as a green room, set-building, properties, classroom, dressing, and storage areas, and an expanded Computing Center with ground-level entry and handicapped access.

The Fuqua Computing Center manages all administrative and academic computing, including Eggleston Library's public access catalogue. The computer lab located in the Computing Center consists of 25 Dell PCs connected to the campus network, which are used for internet and software access. Students living in College-owned housing have direct access to the campus network and to WiFi.