Housing selection will be coming up after Spring Break!
Registration for fall classes is Tuesday, April 4 - Tuesday, April 11
As spring break and the summer months approach, we welcome the opportunity to partner with our faithful parents. We encourage you to speak to your son about developing a plan for the future by following these simple steps to success and preparing for the job, internship, and graduate school search process by:
- Identifying his skills, values and interests that translate to majors and careers,
- Engaging in conversations with mentors, advisors, coaches, etc. to answer life's big questions,
- Researching careers by reviewing Tiger Tracks and opportunities in Tiger Connections,
- Networking and conducting informational interviews with alumni and other personal contacts,
- Starting his resume and job/internship search by either scheduling an appointment with a Career Coach (by calling 434-223-6106) or stopping in during our walk-in hours on Wednesdays from 1-6 p.m. in Bagby 213,
- Reviewing the numerous handouts available online and in the Career Education Office (Bagby 213)
Encourage your son to stay tuned for opportunities, resources, and events of interest by:
- Bookmarking Spring 2017 Events including fairs, resume deadlines, employers and graduate school representatives coming to campus, workshops,
- Reading biweekly Career EDge emails (Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to subscribe),
- Following us on Twitter, and
- Liking us on Facebook.
Finally, we are constantly searching for successful individuals including parents who work in a variety of fields and who are willing to provide a valuable gift to your son, his fellow Tigers, and other alumni through:
- Sharing information about H-SC's Campus Recruiting program with your Human Resources department, if you are not personally in a position to hire,
- Posting job/internship opportunities for students; by calling (434) 223-6106, emailing email@example.com, or visiting the Career Education website.
We wish you all the best as we welcome longer days, warmer temperatures, and sons with awesome opportunities! Forming Good Men and Good Citizens through Career Education and Vocational Reflection,
Ellen Masters, Director
Jennifer Allen, Recruitment Coordinator
Linda Cheyne, Project Delphi Coordinator
Becca Snyder, Associate Director
Spring Break is March 11-19.
The Big Event, a day of service in which Hampden-Sydney students give back to the community, is March 25.
Registration for fall classes is coming up next month. It's time to start thinking about next semester, so be sure to remind your son to attend his academic advising appointment.
Registration for fall classes is Tuesday, April 4 - Tuesday, April 11.
Greek Week is April 3-9.
Final Convocation, the official close of the academic year when academic awards are conferred, is April 27.
Last day of classes is May 2. Final Exams begin May 5 and end May 10.
Commencement is May 14. If you haven't already, be sure to make your arrangements now. For more information about commencement weekend, be sure to check the Commencement webpage frequently.
Swim Team Makes History
Back to Back Ethics Bowl Champs
"Bobby" George '17 Deployed to Qatar
Aaron Dawley '18, Well-Rounded Liberal Arts Student
Cross Country Runner Lewis Brooks '19 Breaks School Record
Hunter H. Hoffler '19 Adds World Champion to Accomplishments
Patrick Woolwine '17 Works for Defense Contracting Firm
Tyler Langhorn '17 Finds Confidence in Prague
Hunter Williams '20 Makes Humanitarian Trip to Uganda
Josh Chamberlin '17, Saving Sea Turtles
Students Take On the World, Summer Experiences
William Echols '17 Receives FEMA Incident Response Training
Caleb Mize '17 Interns with Fortune 500 Company
MORE Student Achievement Stories...