Financial Aid Office
P.O. Box 726
Hampden Sydney, VA 23943
Phone: (434) 223-6119
Fax: (434) 223-6075
"How can we afford the benefit of a private college?"
Let us tell you. For the 2012-2013 school year, Hampden-Sydney offered over $31 million in financial assistance in the form of scholarships, grants, loans and employment. Many families find a Hampden-Sydney education easily affordable - despite what they thought!
A Hampden-Sydney education is definitely worth every penny. Students here stand apart because of
- small classes taught by professors who want them to succeed,
- the safety and spaciousness of our 1340-acre campus in rural Virginia,
- the emphasis on values - honor, integrity, and commitment,
- the spirit of community and brotherhood,
- alumni job-networking,
- traditions of a college which for two centuries has educated men to be leaders.
Hampden-Sydney College has a need-based program to help families who cannot afford the total cost of the College, as well as a non-need-based program through our Honors Scholarships, Achievement Awards and Citizen-Leader Scholarships.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We will help you maintain your sanity (and, hopefully, a sense of humor) throughout the college-search and financial aid process.