Financial Aid Office
P.O. Box 726
Hampden Sydney, VA 23943
Phone: (434) 223-6119
Fax: (434) 223-6075
In 2011-12, H-SC students received aid totaling over $29 million.
Apply for Aid
Applying for financial aid to Hampden-Sydney College can be simple if you follow the Checklist for 2013-2014.
- For prospective freshmen, APPLY for Admission and academic scholarships - all in one! There is no separate application for Hampden-Sydney College academic scholarships. Admissions Application Information
For all students who want to be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid (need-based College grants and all federal aid, including grants and loans):
- Complete the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To expedite the FAFSA process, obtain Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) for the student and one parent who will provide data on the FAFSA by going to www.pin.ed.gov. Complete the FAFSA as soon after January 1, 2013 as possible, but no later than March 1 for prospective students and by no later than May 15 for returning students. The FAFSA online application is available at www.fafsa.gov and Hampden-Sydney's code is 003713. Use estimated tax information if necessary in order to meet the priority filing dates.
- Follow up with any necessary paperwork and forms. At least 30 percent of all students who file a FAFSA are selected at random by the federal government for review in a process called verification. If you are selected for verification, you will be notified by our office with specific directions on what to do and/or what to submit to our office.
- Receive and review your financial aid award letter package. Once you have been accepted as an incoming student for the 2013-2014 academic year, our office has received your signed and completed FAFSA data, and you have followed up on any requests for additional information, we will send an award letter package (beginning in early March for prospective students and in mid-June for returning students) that will include all the financial aid we are offering you (a combination of scholarships, grants, student loans and/or work-study) and any additional steps you need to take to finalize your financial aid.
- Let us know about any special circumstances you and your family may face. We realize that some families have extenuating circumstances that make it difficult to pay for college. Extenuating circumstances may include separation, divorce, death, disability, unemployment, change in family's income reported on original applications, or medical issues. If you have not yet made us aware of such circumstances in your family, please complete and submit the "2013-2014 Financial Aid Appeal Form."
- Need help? Contact us! The Financial Aid Office at Hampden-Sydney College is always willing to assist with any questions that you may have. We can be reached Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm at (434) 223-6119 for by e-mail at email@example.com.
Print "Applying for Aid"