Financial Aid Office
P.O. Box 726
Hampden Sydney, VA 23943
Phone: (434) 223-6119
Fax: (434) 223-6075
Most popular majors: economics & business, history, biology, and government.
How to Apply for Federal Direct Stafford Loans
Federal Direct Stafford Loan (Student Borrowers)
First time Federal Direct Stafford Loan borrowers must complete the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Request Form, on-line Entrance Counseling, and electronically sign a Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN). You will need your Federal PIN to complete this process. This is the same number used to sign your Free Application for Federal student Aid (FAFSA). If you do not have a PIN, go to www.pin.ed.gov and choose Apply for a PIN. If you have misplaced or forgotten your PIN, choose Request a Duplicate PIN.
- To begin your loan process, Click the button:
- Click on Sign In (use your FAFSA PIN)
- Click on Complete Master Promissory Note
- Click on loan type Subsidized/Unsubsidized and provide all requested information.
- After you open the html file to view your completed Master Promissory Note, be sure to click CONTINUE so that your note will be recorded.
- Complete and return the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Request Form to the Financial Aid Office by fax (434-223-6075) OR email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) OR mail (Hampden-Sydney College, Box 726, Hampden-Sydney,VA 23943).
If you are a first-time borrower, Federal regulations require that loan counseling be completed before loan funds can be applied to your tuition account in the Business Office.