May Term 2016
Dates: June 9th - June 30th
Dr. Gregory Dempster, Elliott Professor of Economics & Business
Dr. Justin Isaacs, Associate Professor of Economics
Michaux Dempster, Assistant Professor of Focused Inquiry (VCU)
Study communications, economics, and business at University College in Dublin, Ireland. Program is open to students with a 2.0 GPA or higher who have taken ECON 101 and RHET 101, or their equivalents.
Business 263- The International Business Enviornment (3) Prerequisite: ECON 101
Business 285- Cross-Cultural Communication in Business and Organizations (3) Prerequisite: RHET 101
Economics 204- Topics in Political Economic History (3) Prerequisite: ECON 101
Other courses in Economics, Business and/or Cultural Studies may be arranged.
The program will include:
• Onsite Orientation Programs in Dublin. Local transportation passes provided.
• Accommodation and classes for two weeks at University College, Dublin (UCD). UCD is located on an idyllic suburban campus about 2.5 miles from the center of Dublin and close to shops, restaurants, and cafes.
• Free internet access on UCD campus and in apartment suites. Bringing a laptop is strongly recommended.
• UCD amenities include a well-appointed fitness center, Olympic-size pool, and extensive parkland
• Academic and cultural visits, including a financial walking tour, Dublin literary tour, a theatre performance, and visits to the National Museum of Ireland, Dublin Castle and the Chester Beatty Library, Trinity College and the Book of Kells, the historic Kilmainham Jail, and the Guinness Storehouse exhibition.
• A two-day guided excursion by private coach to the town of Galway in western Ireland, known as “Ireland’s Cultural Heart” and home to historic ruins, archeological sites, and contemporary Irish culture.
Cost: Estimated to be $4610. Cost includes dorm housing and some meals. Cost does not include airfare, textbooks, or personal expenditures. Final cost will depend on the number of participants. Estimated cost based on minimum number of 21 students.
Applications and $500.00 non-refundable deposit due February 7, 2016.
Contact the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad for more information.