Summer Study Abroad Programs
Interested in studying abroad this summer on a non-HSC program? Follow the steps below for a great summer experience and receive college credit along the way
- First, think about what you would like to study. Would you like to take an elective class or a class that is part of your major?
- Second, decide where you would like to study abroad
- Visit the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad (Bagby 202/204) and talk with Dr. Widdows about the numerous summer study abroad programs available - and don't forget to pick up the course approval form
- Discuss your summer study abroad plans with your advisor and have the course approval form completed and signed.
- The final step is to have your application completed and turned in by the appropriate deadline - then enjoy your summer program!
*Please request that all transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad (attn: Dr. Daniella Widdows, H-SC Box 605, Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943) for any foreign study program. In all courses, you must receive a grade of C or better to earn H-SC transfer credit.
Here are a few programs of the many programs available:
Summer Area Studies Program in Moscow
US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Programs in London
UVA Hispanic Studies Program in Valencia, Spain
UVA in Southern Africa: People, Culture, and Environment of Southern Africa