Summer Study Abroad Opportunities
There are three different options available to Hampden-Sydney students wishing to study abroad during the summer:
H-SC May Term Abroad
VA Program at Oxford (VPO).
Non-HSC Summer Programs
Follow the steps below for a great summer experience and receive college credit along the way, and scroll down for links to other available summer abroad programs.
- First, think about what you would like to study. Would you like to take an elective class or a class that is part of your major.
- Second, decide where you would like to study abroad.
- Visit the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad (Bagby 315) and talk with Dr. Widdows about the numerous summer study abroad programs available - and don't forget to pick up the course approval form.
- Discuss your summer study abroad plans with your advisor and have the course approval form completed and signed.
- The final step is to have your application completed and turned in by the appropriate deadline - then enjoy your summer program
Students participating in programs other than H-SC's May Term Abroad or VPO:
Please request that all transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad (attn: Dr. Daniella Widdows, H-SC Box 605, Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943).
In all courses, you must receive a grade of C or better to earn H-SC transfer credit.
Last updated: 6-1-15