HSC Critical Reasoning Survey
NSSE survey items addressing Critical Reasoning:
- Coursework emphasizes analyzing the basic elements of an idea, experience or theory.
- Coursework emphasizes synthesizing and organizing ideas, information, or experiences into new more complex interpretations and relationships.
- Coursework emphasizes making judgments about the value of information, arguments, or methods.
- Coursework emphasizes applying theories or concepts to practical problems or in new situations.
- Experience at the institution has contributed to thinking critically and analytically.
- Experience at the institution has contributed to analyzing quantitative problems.
Return to previous page