Office of Institutional
Research & Assessment
Christine C. Ross, Director
Each year Hampden-Sydney enrolls about 50 Freshman Honor Scholars.
Active and Collaborative Learning Survey
NSSE survey items that assess Active and Collaborative Learning:
- Asked questions in class or contributed to class discussions.
- Made a class presentation.
- Worked with other students on projects during class.
- Worked with classmates outside of class to prepare class assignments.
- Tutored or taught other students.
- Participated in a community-based project as part of a regular course.
- Discussed ideas from your readings or classes with others outside of class (students, family members, co-workers, etc.)