Hampden-Sydney first held classes on November 10, 1775.
How to Give
Mailing a gift
Checks, payable to Hampden-Sydney College, may be mailed to The Hampden-Sydney Fund, P.O. Box 637, Hampden-Sydney, Virginia 23943.
Giving appreciated securities may be more advantageous than giving cash. To transfer stock to Hampden-Sydney College, please click here to download instructions.
Check the Matching Gift Company Search and ask your employer to verify that it will match your gift. Many companies will match your gift or your spouse's gift to Hampden-Sydney College. Send us your matching gift form available from your company's Human Resources department.
Give online with your credit or debit card. It's fast and secure. Your receipt will be mailed to you within 1 week following the transaction.
Our monthly giving program allows you to use your credit or debit card to break up your gift into more manageable amounts. For example, a Cabell Founders Gift of $1,800 can be divided over 12 months from July until the following June for $150/month.* Your card will be charged between the 15th and 20th of each month.
- Your full name
- Your class year (if applicable)
- Name as it appears on the credit card
- Credit card number and expiration date
- Amount of your gift
- A phone number where you can be reached to verify your gift
- Slate Hill Society: $25,000 or more
- Cushing Society: $15,000 - $24,999
- Venable Society: $ 8,400 - $14,999
- Atkinson Society: $ 4,200 - $ 8,399
- Chalgrove Society: $ 3,000 - $ 4,199
- Cabell Society: $ 1,800 - $ 2,999
- Gammon Young Founders Society:
$250 - $499 - For alumni 1 - 3 years out
$500 - $749 - For alumni 4 - 6 years out
$750 - $1,799 - For alumni 7 -10 years out
- Tiger Club: $625 - $1,799
- Hill Club: $450 - $627
- Second Century Club: $225 - $449
*Don't forget that the College's fiscal year ends June 30.