Security & Police
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943
Jeffrey S. Gee
Director of Security
Chief of Police
97% of full professors hold doctorates.
Safety TipsThough Hampden-Sydney College is generally a safe place to live, we cannot afford to ignore what is going on in the world around us. Likewise, we cannot assume that we will remain untouched by increasingly adverse social values. The following suggestions should help to ensure that you're doing all that is possible to avoid becoming a victim.
- Always keep your room locked.
- Know your neighbors.
- Always remove the keys from your vehicle and lock it.
- Report all crimes and hazardous acts (acts that could result in injury).
- Report suspicious activity and suspicious persons.
- Record serial numbers of personal belongings (computers, stereos, cameras, etc.).
- Should you be in any room or building in which a fire alarm sounds, leave the building immediately.
IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, DIAL 911
Department of Security and Police: dial 6164 (if no one is available to take your call, leave a message, or dial 9-392-3332 and an officer will be contacted via radio communication to assist you).