Hampden-Sydney first held classes on November 10, 1775.
Good Men Plan
The Good Men @ HSC Plan is built around seven core themes:
- Citizenship, Service, and Leadership
- Understanding Manhood and Masculinity
- Self-Awareness, Vocational Reflection, and Professional Development
- Environmental Stewardship and Outdoor Experience
- Arts, Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
- Global Engagement and Intercultural Communication
- Intellectual Enrichment
Working Group Members (16)
Updated: March 20, 2012
|Dr. Dale Jones, Chair||VP for Strategy, Administration, and Board Affairs|
|Mr. Hunter Brown||Student, Class of 2014|
|Dr. B. Ellen Byrne||Parent of a Student in Class of 2014|
|Ms. Eunice Carwile||Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations
Office of Institutional Advancement
|Ms. Sandy Cooke||Director of College Events|
|Ms. Candy Dowdy||Director of Constituent Relations, Office of Institutional Advancement|
|Dr. Caroline Emmons||Faculty|
|Ms. Karin Gollin||Coordinator of Volunteer Services, Office of the Dean of Students|
|Mr. Loren Hubbard||Student, Class of 2013|
|Dr. David Lewis||Faculty Chair, Academic Affairs Committee|
|Mr. Michael Palmore '97||Alumnus|
|Mr. Drew Prehmus '08||Special Assistant to the President and Director of Mobile and Social Media|
|Mr. John Ramsay '05||Assistant Dean of Students for Activities and Organizations|
|Colonel Rucker Snead||Director of Career Development, Office of the Dean of Faculty|
|Ms. Becca Snyder||Associate Director of Career Development, Office of the Dean of Faculty|
|Dr. Mike Utzinger||Associate Dean of Faculty|
Charge to the Working Group
Make recommendations on how best to beta test The Good Men Plan @ H-SC and C-Days.
- Establish the Working Group by December 1, 2011.
- Meet at least once per month.
- Conduct open meetings which allow non-members to attend.
- Publish minutes of the meetings.
- Deliver final recommendations to President Howard by May 1, 2012.