The College fields NCAA Division III teams in 8 intercollegiate sports.
Strategic Plan: Goal 5
GOAL #5: To assure the financial sustainability of the College.
To support the fulfillment of the preceding goals, we will create a stronger financial base by continuing our sound business practices and financial discipline. We will aggressively develop new sources of support to secure the College's long-term sustainability.
- Reassess the current strategy for student recruiting.
- Reassess the current strategy for institutional advancement.
- Increase the current endowment from its present total of $131.1 million to at least $200 million.
- Increase giving to the annual fund ($2.2 million in FY 2011-12) by 4 to 5 percent each year.
- Increase alumni participation from 29 percent to at least 45 percent.
- Execute a comprehensive campaign of at least $200 million to meet the current needs for infrastructure, programs, and endowment.
[Note that the feasibility study will inform the final amount to be raised.]
- Place additional emphasis on corporate giving.
- Study the use of debt financing to fund the College's needs.
- Make use of summer programs, appropriate facility rentals, and contracted services to secure additional revenue.