This club is dedicated to creating programs and opportunities for HSC students to be involved in the rescue, socialization, training and fostering of homeless dogs and to educating the community about animal welfare and humane treatment.
To better facilitate meetings and the planning of activities, four members will be named officers. The officers will be a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
1. He will conduct the meetings.
2. He will oversee the planning of events, programs and activities.
3. He will preside over any debate in the meeting.
4. He will be the representative to the administration.
5. He will be the representative to outside animation organizations.
1. He will act as an aide to the President.
2. If the President is not at a meeting, presides in the President's place.
3. He will oversee the humane education program to the community.
4. He will oversee the publicity of the club.
1. He will oversee the finances of the club.
2. In the event that the President and Vice-President are not at the meeting, the Treasurer will conduct the meeting.
1. He will take the minutes of the meeting.
2. He will be the contact person for other organizations and individuals who want to perform community service hours by working with SHARC or the Meherrin SPCA.
3. With the Vice-President, he oversees the publicity for the club.
E. All Officers
a. All elections will be held at the end of the term, and the results will be announced at the same meeting.
b. Officers to be elected must receive 51% of the vote. Runoffs will continue until one candidate receives 51% or more of the vote.
c. To run for office, a candidate must be an active member for 3 or more meetings, nominated, accept his nomination, and be a student of Hampden-Sydney College.
d. The term of office for any officers is one year..
2. New Officers
a. A new position can be created by the club for permanent use by amendment.
3. Oath of Office - All officers upon taking their position must take this oath to be administered by the previous term's President -
"I do solemnly swear in the presence of the club's members that I will uphold the duties of my office to the best of my ability."
A. To be an active member, one must have paid their dues and be a Hampden-Sydney student in good standing.
B. Members have the right to vote in meetings.
C. Members can change the viewing schedule by a simple majority vote of all members present.
D. To start a meeting, a quorum consisting of nine members must be present.
E. Members can remove any officers by 88% vote of all current members.
A. All meetings will be brought to order by the President.
B. Old business will be read by the Secretary.
C. Treasurer will announce financial situation.
D. President will ask for new business.
E. After new business, President will introduce the first showing.
F. Meetings will occur _________
G. Meetings are open to all members of the Hampden-Sydney community.
V. Ratification and Amendment
A. When there are 10 paid members, the Constitution will come into effect.
B. An amendment to the Constitution must have 75% approval by the active membership to be approved.
C. Propositions for amendments must be made in the Business Section of the meeting.