Office Assignment Housing

 Anyone making a housing request or submitting names and rosters for this category of housing must contact Ms. Huskey ( 434-223-6317 to discuss your request or submit your information between Feb. 9-Feb. 21. 

Feb 21 (Tue) Office Assignment housing rosters and requests due in Blake A by 4:30pm

Feb 27-Feb 28 (Mon-Tues) Sign online contracts-8am Monday-Midnight Tuesday by students approved for Office Assignment Housing

Office Assignment Housing Registration:  Office assignment housing includes many categories as follows:

  • Commuting students, (special request form required) married students, 5th year seniors, students awarded permission to live in Theme Housing for a second year, Resident Advisors and roommates if applicable, Chairman of the Student Court and Student Body President and roommates, students selected to live in Language/Honors housing, students wishing to "squat" their current room or request special exemption to the housing policy.

  • Squatting: Eligible students wishing to squat their rooms must submit their intention to do so during Office Assignment Housing registration.  Students with 41 or more earned hours whose cumulative grade point average meets or exceed the current all-men's average (2.6967) will be permitted to squat their room if it is eligible. (Specialty Housing, DKSNH, JHSN and F Dorm rooms are not eligible.)  If the room being squatted is a double room and both current residents wish to squat the room and pull different roommates, the resident with the highest cumulative grade point average will have first pick of the room, provided they each are in the same hours bracket.  "Squatting" a room applies only to the room a student currently lives in.  For example, one who now lives in HH1 cannot "squat" HH6. If you were awarded off campus this year, you still need to compete for online selection for next year.  No "squatting" is allowed from year to year for those living in any of the awarded College owned apartments or traditional off campus housing.

  • Married Students: Married students who live with their spouses and seek on-campus housing must make arrangements for housing through the Associate Dean of Students during this registration period.  Generally, married students live in the Blake Apartments, when available, or off campus.

  • Sophomore Apartment and Theme Housing: Paper Applications - Awarded students sign contracts online during the same designated days and times as Office Assignment students.

  • Students who studied abroad during the Fall semester of the current academic year:  If you have not received credit for hours earned during that period you should contact the Dean of Residence Life by the deadline for this registration if those hours will change your selection status from rising Junior to rising Senior.
  • Students studying abroad second semester:   Students currently studying abroad second semester who have limited or no internet access should e-mail by February 10 stating his intention of returning to the College in the fall and provide three housing preferences.  Housing in a specific residence hall is not guaranteed.  Students studying abroad will receive College information via their H-SC e-mail address concerning Online room selections for the Fall which will take place in February - April.  Please contact the Dean of Residence Life, in advance, if you have any questions about the selection process.