Sophomore (Dickinson Hall) and Junior (Coxe Hall formerly F Dorm) Apartment Selection Process
Dickinson Hall apartments will be occupied by members of the Sophomore class, and
Coxe Hall apartments will be occupied by members of the Junior class according to the selection process outlined herein.
Permission to live in these apartments is for the Fall and Spring semesters of the upcoming academic year only. No “squatting” will be allowed.
Each hall will consist of six four-man apartments consisting of two double occupancy rooms, two full bathrooms, and a living room/kitchenette. Five of these apartments will be offered to rising juniors in Coxe Hall. (A Resident Advisor and two students of his choosing will occupy the sixth apartment.)
- Students apply and compete for an apartment as groups. All four students within a group must apply on one application by roommate pairing.
- Apartments will be awarded to the five groups of students who have applied with the highest aggregate cumulative earned grade point average as well as a minimum of fifteen (15) hours earned (for Sophomores) and forty-five (45) hours earned (for Juniors) at the end of the previous Fall semester by each member of a group at the time of application. Apartments are assigned accordingly by the Dean.
- The College will ensure each apartment is fully occupied both semesters. Occupants will be given a reasonable amount of time to fill an unexpected vacancy before the College places a student in the apartment.
- Disruptive behavior on the part of a group or of any individual in the group, or of any guest of the group could result in the eviction of the group from the apartment.
- All structures of the H-SC Housing Policy apply to those dwelling in these apartments.
- Late applications will be considered only after all on-time applications have been considered.
- Failure to complete and sign a Housing Agreement online during the date specified in the Housing Selection Calendar will void the apartment status for the entire group and the apartment will be awarded to the next group on the waiting list. Students will select a MEAL PLAN when they confirm their online housing assignment. Students must register for upcoming Fall courses during their registration period to secure housing.
Process Dates and Times can be found in the Housing Selection Calendar.
Room Rates: The yearly estimated room rent and technology fee for College-owned apartments will be the same as the residence hall rates. Estimated figures are listed online at Tuition and Fees.
Dickinson Hall (Sophomore) Housing Application
Sophomore Housing Rooms View
Coxe Hall (Junior) Housing Application
Coxe Hall Rooms View
*New in 2016: Awarded students will receive award e-mails asking them to confirm their housing assignment and submit it to the Office of Student Affairs.