Non-traditional housing guidelines

 Non-Traditional housing includes approved room assignments which are not "selected" during an online process. Students only need to go online to accept terms and sign housing agreements for these assignments. Housing Exemption requests are due Feb. 1. Rosters and status requests must be submitted to Shirley Huskey by mid-February.

Non-traditional Housing #1 due mid-February include:

1.     Students who have requested their names be submitted on rosters for Academic Theme houses (Honors, Spanish), or other Theme Houses (MSU, TAC or any 2nd year Theme Houses) by their house managers or Faculty Advisor. (Housing awards mentioned are subject to change.)

2.     Paper applications (with a group) for rising Sophomore Housing (Dickinson Hall), rising Junior Housing (Coxe Hall) or Theme Housing.

3.     Resident Advisors, Student Body President, Student Court Chairman and roommates if applicable. Anyone who must pull in one or more roommates must provide the name(s) and permanent room assignment(s) to our office by the deadline in mid-February. 

Non-traditional Housing #2 forms due February 1 in Blake A or the Wellness Center include:

      a)     Requests submitted by married**, 5th year seniors (transcript required), non-tradtional students (age 24 or older) or students commuting from their parent or guardian's home. Housing Exemption Forms required. 

      b)     Qualified students requesting to "squat"* their current room. 

      c)     Requests for Special Housing ExemptionFEB 1 - All forms including medical documentation are due in the Wellness Center.

Eligible students wishing to squat their rooms must submit their intention to do so during Office Assignment Housing registration.  Students with 41 or more earned hours whose cumulative grade point average meets or exceed the current all-men's average TBD will be permitted to squat their room if it is eligible. (Specialty Housing, DKSNH and Coxe Hall rooms are not eligible.)  If the room being squatted is a double room and both current residents wish to squat the room and pull different roommates, the resident with the highest cumulative grade point average will have first pick of the room, provided they each are in the same hours bracket.  "Squatting" a room applies only to the room a student currently lives in.  For example, one who now lives in HH1 cannot "squat" HH6. If you were awarded off campus this year, you still need to compete for online selection for next year.  No "squatting" is allowed from year to year for those living in any of the awarded College owned apartments or traditional off campus housing.

**Married Students:
Married students who live with their spouses and seek on-campus housing must make arrangements for housing through the Office of Student Affairs. This should be done by February 1 for current students. Incoming students should indicate this request on the New Student Housing Questionnaire by June 1. Generally, married students live in the Blake Apartments, when available, or off campus.  Housing Exemption Forms are required.