Regular Room Choosing
Instructions for Regular Housing Selection Online Process
- General Rule: Eligible students must have registered for Fall courses during their registration period. The student with the highest gpa/credits registers all roommates for REGULAR, DOUBLE, SUITE, or QUAD bedrooms. All selections are final and selections for QUAD rooms should be made accordingly for permanent assignment of room and roommate. Anyone making an unapproved room change will be fined $300.00. Roommates will receive an e-mail letting them know they have been selected and they are immediately eligible to accept it. They must login and accept the Housing Contract terms to finalize the registration. This must be done by NOON the next day. If they fail to accept the terms by the NOON DEADLINE or if one or more roommates reject the terms, the entire set of rooms returns to the housing room choice pool. Proxy: If you are unable to make your housing selection during your time slot due to legitimate College scheduling reasons (away athletic or academic competitions or excursions ONLY) please contact the Office of Student Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 24 hours of your time slot. Students with questions concerning this online process may contact the Office of Student Affairs at x:6317 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Students select a meal plan option at the end of their online housing selection. All students must register for housing OR sign an online TBA (to be assigned) housing agreement and select a meal plan. A $100.00 late housing registration fee will be charged to anyone who does not register for housing during this time.
- SPECIAL NOTE TO STUDENTS SIGNING A TBA (to be assigned) housing agreement: Each student must complete step number one below and select a TBA slot. Another student cannot sign a housing agreement for you. Students on the TBA list will be notified of their housing assignment before school resumes in August.
I. Student registering for room:
- Step 2 -- CHECK your registration time. Based on your credit hours and gpa, you will be instructed to proceed or to try again at the appropriate time.
- Step 3 -- CHOOSE your room. CHOOSE your roommate(s) keeping in mind that this is a permanent assignment of room and roommate. Confirm and go on to the Housing Agreement.
- Note: Click on the link for a floor plan of each building to help choose your room.
- Note: All rooms are listed together - refer to the floor plan to know whether a room is REGULAR SINGLE, DOUBLE, SUITE, OR QUAD.
- Step 4 -- HOUSING AGREEMENT. To get the room you choose, you must ACCEPT the terms of the Housing Agreement and submit the the agreement via email to the Office of Student Affairs. If no housing is available at your selection time, or you do not have a roommate and wish to be assigned to a double or single room when one becomes available you must sign a TBA housing agreement. A $100.00 late housing registration fee will be charged to students who do not register for housing during this selection process.
- Step 5 - SIGNATURE PAGE- Giving your e-mail address as a signature in accepting the housing agreementt.
- Step 6 - SELECT A MEAL PLAN. (Options are based on a student's class status/residence.) Meal plan options are subject to change if a warranted residence change takes place.
- Step 7 - LOGOUT and PRINT confirmation.
- You should receive a confirmation email from "your own email address" with the same information as printed in Step 7. If roommates are chosen, they will receive a copy of this email as well. If roommates fail to accept the terms by the NOON DEADLINE or REJECT the terms for a room, you should receive another email from the Office of Student Affairs or "the roommates email address" (if he rejects the terms) stating that your room has been deleted. You will need to redo the process.
After receiving a confirmation email that you have been registered for a room by someone else, you will need to:
- Step 1 - LOGIN and accept the Housing Agreement terms to finalize the registration at the following web address: http://www3.hsc.edu/studentlife/roomchoice/ You may do this as soon as you receive the confirmation e-mail. This must be done before NOON the next day. Login using your H-SC e-mail id and password. Click on the Housing Agreement link.
- Step 2 -- HOUSING AGREEMENT. To secure your assigned room, you must ACCEPT the terms of the Housing Agreement and submit the agreemnett via email to the Office of Stsudent Affairs before NOON the next day. If someone has registered you for a room that you don't want, REJECT the terms. This will release you from that room and allow you to login again to register for another room during your hours bracket.
- Step 3 - SIGNATURE PAGE- Giving your e-mail address as a signature in accepting the housing agreement.
- Step 4 - SELECT A MEAL PLAN. (Options are based on a student's class status/residence.) Meal plan options are subject to change if a warranted residence change takes place.
- Step 5 - LOGOUT and PRINT confirmation.
- You should receive a confirmation email from "your own email address" with the same information as printed in Step 5. If you REJECT the terms, emails will also be sent to any roommates stating that you have rejected the terms of the agreement and their room registration has been deleted. Should your roommate(s) fail to accept the terms of the Housing Agreementt before NOON the next day, you will get an e-mail letting you know that your room selection has been deleted. You will need to redo the process.