Specialty Housing Login Instructions
I. Student registering for room:
- Step 2 -- CHECK your registration time. Based on your earned credit hours and GPA, you will be instructed to proceed or to try again at the appropriate time.
Eligible students will receive an e-mail stating a registration time slot based on earned credits/gpa. If you have questions about your time slot please contact Ms. Huskey at x: 6317 immediately.
- Step 3 -- CHOOSE your Specialty Housing preference (Traditional Off-Campus or College-owned cottage or apartment). If you select a College-owned Cottage or Apartment you must CHOOSE your roommate(s). To secure a cottage or apartment you must have the same number of students as the capacity of the cottage or apartment. As the highest-ranking eligible student in the group you must reside in the cottage or apartment throughout the academic year, and the cottage or apartment must be fully occupied each semester. Confirm and go on to the Agreement.
Note: Single and double cottage or apartment room rent is considerably higher than that of the regular residence hall room rent. Refer to the Housing Selection Calendar for estimated rental rates.
- Step 4 -- Housing Agreement. To secure the cottage or apartment you choose, you (and your roommates-see Section II below) must ACCEPT the terms of the Housing Agreement and submit the agreement via email to the Office of Student Affairs. (You should refer to the Agreement Stipulation in the guidelines.)
- Step 5 - Signature Page - Giving your e-mail address as a signature in accepting the housing agreement.
- Step 6 - SELECT A MEAL PLAN - options are based on your class status or residence location. If you have questions concerning meal plans contact Ms. Marianne Congleton x:6223.
- Step 7- Logout and print a copy of your confirmation.
- You should receive a confirmation email from "your own email address" with the same information as printed in Step 7. If roommates are chosen, they will receive a copy of this email as well. If roommates fail to accept the terms by the NOON DEADLINE or REJECT the terms for a room, you should receive another email from the Office of Student Affairs or "the roommates email address" (if he rejects the terms) stating that your room assignment has been deleted and you will need to start over. There is no guarantee that the apartment will still be available.
After receiving a confirmation email that you have been registered for a College-owned cottage or apartment by someone else, you will need to:
- Step 1 - LOGIN as soon as possible and before NOON the next day at the following web address: www3.hsc.edu/studentlife/specialty/ Login with your H-SC e-mail id and password. Click on the Housing Agreement link.
- Step 2 -- Housing Agreement. To secure the cottage or apartment you choose, you must ACCEPT the terms of the Housing Agreement and submit the agreement via email to the Office of Student Affairs as soon as possible and no later than NOON the next day. If someone has registered you for a room that you don't want, REJECT the terms. This will release you from that room and allow you to login again to register for another cottage or apartment (if available) during your hours bracket. (You should refer to the Contract Stipulation in the guidelines.)
- Step 3 - Signature Page - Giving your e-mail address as a signature in accepting the housing agreement.
- Step 4 - Select a MEAL PLAN. Options are based on your class status or residence location.
- Step 5 - Logout and print a copy of your confirmation.
- You should receive a confirmation email from "your own email address" with the same information as printed in Step 5. If you REJECT the terms, emails will also be sent to any roommates stating that you have rejected the terms of the agreement and their apartment registration has been DELETED. Should your roommate(s) fail to accept the terms of the Housing Agreement by NOON the next day, you will get an e-mail letting you know that your selection has been deleted and that you need to start over if any College-owned cottage or apartment is still available.