Provost and Dean of the Faculty
Dennis G. Stevens,
Provost and Dean of the Faculty — 1st Floor
J. Michael Utzinger,
Associate Dean of the Faculty — 3rd Floor
Administrative Secretary — 1st Floor
- Academic concerns which cannot be resolved by a faculty member or advisor.
- Matters to go before the Faculty or the Executive Committee of the Faculty.
- For an appointment call (434) 223-6112, contact Ms. Cary at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Dean’s office in Atkinson Hall.
Jane F. Holland,
Senior Academic Secretary — Morton Hall 122
Patricia A. Brandt,
Academic Secretary, Rhetoric Program — Morton Hall 122
Academic Secretary, Bagby Hall and Global Education — Bagby Hall 313
C. Beckie Smith,
Academic Secretary — Gilmer Hall 134
Bagby Hall — 2nd Floor
Christa D. Fye,
Associate Dean for Academic Support
Lisa A. Burns,
Academic Counselor (Bagby 117)
Academic Counselor (Bagby 024)
Gerri C. Williams,
Secretary to the Associate Dean for Academic Support
- Academic support services for all students
- Matters pertaining to academic and social adjustment of freshmen and sophomores
- Learning disabilities: information, documentation, and support services
- For an appointment call (434) 223-6286 or contact Ms. Williams at email@example.com or visit Bagby 202.
Career Education and Vocational Reflection
Bagby Hall — 209
Jennifer S. Allen,
Senior Secretary and Recruiting Coordinator
- Career counseling in individual and group sessions beginning in the freshman year.
- Four-year Academic and Career Plans.
- Career exploration through computerized self-assessment and career interest assessment.
- Seminars on resumes, personal branding, job search, interview skills, networking, and internships.
- On-campus interviews with prospective employers.
- Online career information through Tiger Connections. View all internships, seasonal employment, full time job listings, office events and workshops, and the Alumni Network.
- Career library with information on occupations and an extensive collection of graduate and professional schools.
- Industry-specific workshops, information sessions, and field trips.
- Application forms and study guides for tests such as GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, DAT and the PRAXIS.
- For an appointment call (434) 223-6106 or contact Ms. Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Bagby 209.
Global Education and Study Abroad
Bagby Hall — 313
Mary K. Cooper,
- Information on study abroad programs for full year or semester, summer, and faculty-led May Term Programs.
- Assistance in program selection, preparation of applications, personal statements, faculty recommendations, and other materials.
- Sessions on study abroad issues such as passports and visas, money matters, health and safety, overseas housing/ meals, and personal travel options.
- Assistance with host-university course selections, and with obtaining proper transfer credit upon return to H-SC.
- Primary Designated School Official for international students on campus; issues and signs I-20 forms; organizes orientation and advising for foreign students on campus, in association with the Office of Student Affairs.
- For an appointment call (434) 223-6205 or visit Bagby 313.
Wilson Center for Leadership in the Public Interest
LTC L. Rucker Snead ’81,
Dr. David E. Marion,
Director of the Public Service Program
May S. Reed,
Assistant to the Director
- Programs for students interested in public service careers
- Freshmen Leadership Program
- James Madison Public Service Certificate Program
- Washington Semester Program
- Military Leadership/National Security Studies Minor Summer Internships in US or abroad (financial assistance available)
- Information & networking sessions with alumni.
- Practical experience option with legislators in Richmond.
- Trips to state capital and Washington, DC.
- Workshops, lectures, debates, and symposia with public officials and scholars.
- Application required during sophomore year.