Article Ⅵ. College Activities
The power over college activities shall be vested in the College Activities Council (CAC).
- The College Activities Council, an independent branch of the Student Government, plans social entertainment for students. The Council, comprised of representatives elected from various classes, strives to provide a variety of activities which will serve the multiple interests on campus.
- The Chairman is the executive authority of the College Activities Council, elected by the student body in accordance with Article VII, Section 4.4. The Chairman will be in charge of Major Productions of the CAC as defined. The Chairman shall have the authority to call meetings of the CAC, appoint its subcommittee members, and has the ability to create ad hoc committees of necessity.
- Following the General Procedures outlined in Article VII, Section 1, and occurring three weeks before the examination period begins in the second semester, the rising senior, junior, and sophomore classes shall elect three representatives to serve as members of the College Activities Council to work with the CAC Chairman in meeting his duties. The freshman class shall elect its representatives to the College Activities Council by the end of September.
- Each elected member of the CAC shall be appointed to one of the subcommittees. The CAC shall consist of:
- one Secretary
- one Treasurer
- two directors of Small Productions
- two directors of Small Concerts
- two directors of Marketing
- The CAC will decide in the first week after the new members are elected which events will fall under which subcommittee. The freshmen will be placed after their election in the fall, and two freshmen cannot be directors on the same subcommittee.