Article Ⅳ. The Executive
- The executive power shall be vested in the President of Student Government. Other officers shall be the Secretary-Treasurer and members of the President’s cabinet.
- The President and the Secretary-Treasurer shall be nominated and elected as provided for in Article Ⅶ.
- The Chairman of the College Activities Council shall be in charge of organizing the social activities of the college community Social Activities Program. All financial arrangements must be made through, and approved by, the Business Office of the College. This account should be kept separate from the funds of the Student Government.
The President shall be the chief executive officer of the student body, and he shall promote the general welfare of the student body. He shall, if necessary, appoint ad hoc committees to investigate student concerns and he shall report to the student body on the affairs of the student government and the College. He shall appoint his cabinet, which shall consist of the various chairmen of the executive committees. The President shall also have the duty to call student body meetings on the request of the Student Senate or on his own.
The Secretary-Treasurer shall record the proceedings of the cabinet meetings, handle correspondence, manage the finances of student government, and present a bi-semester report to the Student Senate. The Secretary-Treasurer shall also serve as Treasurer of the College Activities Council, dispensing the funds of that organization at the request of the College Activities Council after approval has been gained from the College Business Office. These transactions are to be included in the bi-semester report to the Student Senate.
The Student Finance Board shall consist of:
- The Secretary-Treasurer, chairman;
- One member appointed by the Secretary-Treasurer;
- One member appointed by the President of the Student Government;
- Two Student Senators, appointed by the Chairman of the Student Senate. Their term of office shall be August to May.
- The Assistant Dean responsible for Activities, ex officio, non-voting.
The duties of the Student Finance Board shall be to administer and account for the funds collected by the Student Activities Fee. As a result, the Student Finance Board will:
- Consult with the Vice President for Business Affairs and Dean of Students throughout their term in regards to the status of the Student Activities Fee account.
- Design request forms and set recommended guidelines for organizations submitting funding requests.
- At a time shortly after the executive elections in the spring, accept and consider budget requests of those organizations recognized by the Student Government. The committee shall have the power to review the financial records of all organizations to which it allocates funds and to require proper methods of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Make a record of all allocations made to campus organizations easily accessible to the campus community.
The Student Finance Board will be responsible for deciding the budget allocations and any changes during the year, except when one appropriation or total funding of a club is halted by a two-thirds majority of all Student Body voters in an immediate special election, that shall be called by the Student Body President after receiving a petition of two hundred students or one-sixth of the student body, whichever number is greater. The result of the special election shall be kept by the Student Body Secretary-Treasurer; however, if the funding of a club is altered by a special election, the result may be repealed by a majority of all Student Body voters in a special election, upon the recommendation of two-thirds of the Student Senate. A report of the budget allocations made is to be submitted to the Student Senate.
The cabinet officers, committees, and their duties shall be:
- The Chairman of the Student Committee on Academics and Curriculum, who shall be responsible for coordinating student participation in the academic and policy-making decisions of the College. He shall also be responsible for directing student investigation into the possibilities of creating new courses, programs, and policies concerning academic matters in the college community. In addition, course evaluation and studies of present academic policies and courses shall be the responsibility of the chairman of this committee.
- The Chairman of the Student Admissions Council shall coordinate student participation in the admissions program of the College. He, with the assistance of the Dean of Admissions, shall be responsible for appointing students to the Student Admissions Committee.
- A Chairman of the Orientation Committee shall be appointed by the President of the Student Government. The Orientation Chairman’s term shall begin January 1 of each school year. He will have the power to appoint two members of the student body to the Orientation Committee. These appointments shall be made with the approval of the President of the Student Government. The Orientation Committee shall be responsible for the planning and execution of new student orientation for both spring and fall semesters.
- The Chairman of Elections and Student Surveys shall be responsible for handling all elections within the Student Government. He shall also have the responsibility of conducting student opinion polls on issues discussed in the college community.
The President of Student Government shall have the power to fill all vacancies in the executive branch.
The President of Student Government shall have the power to call the Student Senate into special session.
In case of inability of the President of Student Government to discharge the powers and duties of said office, the same shall devolve on the Chairman of the Student Senate.