Office of Student Affairs
P.O. Box 5
Hampden Sydney, VA 23943
97% of full professors hold doctorates.
Alcohol Policy at Tiger Inn
1. The Tiger Inn, the student snack bar located in the Dining Hall, is licensed to sell beer and wine, on and off premises.
2. ID's are checked. No beer or wine is sold to anyone without an ID which certifies the purchaser is of legal age.
3. No one underage is permitted to consume alcoholic beverages in this facility, and no one of age is allowed to give or share alcoholic beverages with anyone who is underage.
4. Only beer bought in the Tiger Inn may be consumed in the Tiger Inn. Beer bought for off-premises consumption must be transported out of the Tiger Inn, unopened and in a closed container, where it must remain while being carried on the campus to its destination. Any violation will result in, at a minimum, the confiscation and disposal of the alcohol by staff and possibly eviction and disciplinary action.
5. No alcoholic beverages may be in the possession of, or consumed by, students in any other area of the dining hall without special permission from the Dean of Students. Alcoholic beverages purchased for consumption on site must be consumed in the immediate space of the Tiger Inn and the designated portion of the outdoor patio may not be consumed in any other area of the dining hall building, including the surrounding Chalgrove Lake area.
6. Because the Tiger Inn is a licensed facility, those who violate ABC regulations are subject to being issued a summons to appear in the Farmville District Court to answer the charges.
7. The use of tobacco products is not permitted in the Tiger Inn.