Office of Student Affairs
P.O. Box 5
Hampden Sydney, VA 23943
The College fields NCAA Division III teams in 8 intercollegiate sports.
Use of Sports Facilities
KIRBY FIELD HOUSE
Priorities for Use of Facilities
1. In-season intercollegiate sports
2. Off-season intercollegiate sports
3. Intramural Sports/Club Sports
5. Faculty and staff (and their families), alumni, and friends.
Policies and Procedures
- Entrances: use only doors at TigeRec Fitness Center.
- Children under 13 years of age must have adult supervision.
- For general use, men use locker room 10 or 11, women use locker room 2; all other locker rooms are off limits.
Individuals should bring their own locks; the College is not responsible for the security of personal property. Appropriate dress is required outside the locker rooms since these areas are used by both sexes.
- No smoking, food, or beverages are allowed in Kirby Field House, except that during games concession food may be eaten on the balcony behind the home stands.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member of the College community, each of whom is limited to one guest.
- The training room is under the direction of the athletic trainers; arrangements for its use should be made through them.
- In case of an accident, please see Kirby Field House staff and fill out an accident form as soon as possible. As necessary, contact the Student Health Center or the rescue squad at 911.
- Abuse of Kirby Field House will result in loss of the privilege to use the facility and the possibility of disciplinary or other action.
- Only authorized teams are allowed on the raised wooden basketball floor.
On a limited basis, special programs such as high school basketball tournaments and pool parties by recognized Farmville area groups and established groups within the College may be arranged through the Athletic Department.
Fleet Gym is open for use whenever Kirby Field House is open, except when intercollegiate competition or sports events are scheduled or time is set aside for use by an intercollegiate team as stated below. Please note that some of the varsity team reservations are for rainy days or other special occasions, and the gym is often unavailable for use during those hours.
Policies and Procedures
- Fleet Gym may be used for basketball, tennis, running, or exercising. Any other activities must be supervised by a coach or another person of authority.
- Since grit on shoes worn outdoors will harm the composition floor, please bring a clean pair of shoes in which to play.
- Playing time is restricted to one hour if other people are waiting.
- No food, beverages, gum, or smoking.
- Only authorized basketball teams are allowed on raised wood floors, which are not available to public.
Hours Reserved for Varsity Sports
Fall soccer, football, spring baseball, and lacrosse (in poor weather or field conditions only; schedule made on semester basis): From the day new men arrive until November 15: 3-6:30 pm.
Basketball (unless posted differently): October 15 until March 1: 3:30-6 pm and on certain days as posted: 6-7:30 pm.