Notice of Student Appeals and Complaint Policy
The College has established procedures for addressing written student appeals and is responsible for demonstrating that it follows those procedures when resolving student appeals.
There are a number of policies for specific types of appeals, as listed below:
- There is a policy for students who wish to appeal the level of their financial award. (Financial Aid Web Page)
- Students who believe they have been the subject of harassment or discrimination should specify their grievance under the Code of Student Conduct to the Dean of Students. (Harassment and Discrimination Policy, The Key)
- There is a formal procedure for those students who wish to appeal a conviction by the Student Court for a violation of the Honor Code or the Code of Student Conduct resulting in suspension or expulsion. (The Judicial Process, The Key)
- There is a formal procedure for those students who wish to appeal a parking ticket. (Car and Bicycle Regulations, The Key)
- There is a formal procedure for those students who wish to appeal a grade (Grade Appeal Policy, Academic Catalogue).
- There is a formal procedure for those students who wish to appeal a fire safety violation. (Housing Regulations, The Key)
There are also procedures for filing complaints with the College on any other matter of concern. In addition, students may file complaints against the College with its accrediting organization, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC). Lastly, students may also file a complaint against the accrediting organization itself. The procedures for these types of complaints are found in the Student Complaint Policy.