The Wellness Center
The mission of the Wellness Center is to promote healthy living in the students, faculty and staff of Hampden-Sydney College. In recognition of this mission the Wellness Center will:
- Provide treatment services in the areas of general health, mental health and substance abuse.
- Encourage good health practices including good physical health, mental health and avoidance of substance abuse.
- Serve as a resource to students, faculty and staff in the areas of health, mental health and substance abuse.
- Strive to develop in students, faculty and staff healthy lifestyles that will contribute to the mission of the college and to the overall success of students.
STUDENTS: FREE FLU VACCINES AVAILABLE THIS FALL! CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE INFORMATION.
CHECK OUT OUR SLEEP WELL CAMPAIGN
For a consultation, please contact Adrienne Traylor
Listen to one of our counselors talking you through a relaxation activity. (mp3 4Mb)
The Wellness Center is here to assist you with ehnancing your emotional and physical well-being at Hampden-Sydney. Call or come by. We can help with your health concerns, mental health concerns or substance use/abuse concerns.
IMPORTANT: Since e-mails may not be checked regularly, please do NOT use e-mail to convey emergency information.
Sherry R. Dyche Ceperich, Ph.D., Director
Adrienne Traylor, Secretary
204 College Road
(434) 223-6167 Student Health Services
(434) 223-6411 Counseling Services
(434) 223-6318 Substance Education Services
Offices are open Monday–Friday: 7:30 am–5 pm; Evening counseling available
Medical emergency or accident - Call 911
- Timothy W. Corbett, M.D., College Contract Physician
- Beth P. Graham, BSN, RN-BC, Director of Student Health
- Barbara P. Kiewiet de Jonge, BSN, RN-BC, Primary College Health Nurse
- C. Denise Faircloth, LPN, Nurse, Receptionist
Offices are open Monday-Friday: 7:30 am-4 pm
- Shawn White, M.A., Assistant Dean for Substance Education
Substance education is provided to increase the level of knowledge for every student of the basic trends associated with drug use, abuse, dependency, and risk factors. By providing a variety of educational opportunities for students and student groups, students make healthier, informed decisions, and set this example for others to follow.Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5 pm
- Sherry R. Dyche Ceperich, Ph.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Wellness Center Director
- Heather B. Hammock,M.Ed., College Counselor
Crisis intervention services are available on a 24-hour basis. Counseling services are provided to assist students with their adjustment to college life and their resolution of personal concerns.Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5 pm
Student Care Team and Expressing a Concern about a Student