Grief & Loss
There is no easy way through grief. Typical reactions may include shock, disbelief, denial, tearfulness, sadness, despair, fear, guilt, confusion, and anger.
What can you do for yourself as you go through this difficult journey?
- Take care of yourself physically - stay healthy.
- Allow yourself your own emotions without expectations
- Understand that there is no "right way? to grieve
- Realize that grief is a process with many chapters
- Avoid comparing yourself to others and the "shoulds"
- Realize that alcohol and other drugs only amplify distress
- Reach out to others
- When able, get back to routine
Please call Counseling Services to schedule an appointment for additional help.