Application in pdf format
Tiger Recreation Hiring Process
Tiger Recreation operations cover two facilities (Fitness Center & Harold G. Leggett Pool in the Kirby Fieldhouse) and also the Intramural Sports Program. Our student staff is dedicated to serving the fitness and recreational needs of student, faculty, staff, and community members of Hampden-Sydney College. The Tiger Recreation staff is driven to provide a professional environment while exemplifying customer service and the values instilled at Hampden-Sydney College. In doing so, Tiger Recreation has implemented a hiring process which will prepare our student staff with a "real world" job market experience.
How do students apply for a position with Tiger Recreation?
Fitness Staff & Lifeguards
- Submit an application with a cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation before the designated deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Student's GPA will be heavily considered in the hiring process.
- If you are called for an interview, arrive on time and dressed appropriately. The interview process will be facilitated by the Director & Assistant Director.
- Fitness Staff Job Desription - Oversee the fitness center, ensuring safety of our members and cleanliness of the facility. Position is very customer service based. Current CPR/AED certification will be required once employed. $7.25/hour starting wage.
- Lifeguard Job Description - Oversee pool, ensuring safety of swimmers and cleanliness of facility. Must hold current lifeguard and CPR/AED certifications. The College does not offer lifeguard or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification courses. $7.50/hour starting wage.
For help with your cover letter, resume, or interview skills please contact Rucker Snead '81, in the Career Development Office at x6106, or visit them in Bagby Hall, Room 209. You can also visit the website at www.hsc.edu/Career-Development.html. Examples of effective resumes and cover letters may be found under "Tip Sheets" located under the student section of the Career Development website.
Send application to:
Attn: Betsy Leonard-- Director of TigeRec
1 Kirby Fieldhouse Lane
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943
- Contact Mike Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the start of the sport in which you are interested in officiating. Check the intramural sports website for start dates, http://www.hsc.edu/TigeRec/Intramurals.html
- Individuals with previous ref experience are encouraged to sign up, however, previous experience is not required.
- Officials receive complete training and a free t-shirt. $8-$12 per game.