In 2011-12, H-SC students received aid totaling over $29 million.
Public Service Internships
2013 Summer Internships
- Baker Allen '14 Office of the Governor of Alabama
- Connor Crowley '14 Office of Congressman Eric Cantor
- Benjamin Durham '14 The George and Carol Olmstead Foundation
- John Fitzgerald '14 VA Dental Association
- Matthew Kanne '14 Office of Delegate Christopher Peace '98
- Arley Morelock '14 Biotech Co.
- Trey Price '14 US Fulbright Office in Prague
2012 Summer Internships
- Forrest Allen '13 McMullen Public Affairs in Columbia, SC
- John Chambers '13 US Embassy, Dominican Republic
- Scott Clayton '13 Save Our Sound & Exelon Energy Corp
- McGowan Day '13 The Museum of the Confederacy
- Loren Hubbard '13 National Academy for Public Administration
- Barrett Keeler '13 USO of Hampton Roads
- Richard Pantele '13 US Fulbright Office in Prague, Czech Republic
- Brennan Pritchard '13 City Government in Germany & Yorktown, VA
- Steven Thacker '13 Farmville United Methodist Church, Farmville, VA
- Aaron Van Allen '13 Congressman Robert Hurt '91, Danville Office
2011 Summer Internships
- Dereck O. Prada '12-United Way Worldwide in Alexandria, VA.
- Neil Smith '12 - The Fairfield Center, a Community Mediation Center in Harrisonburg, VA.
- Joseph Wilson '12 - National Academy for Public Administration
- Tyler J. Wilson '12 - Americans United (Washington, DC office)
- Ibn Salaam '12 - Political Development Group, Washington, DC
- Joseph Tritico '12 - US Fulbright Office in Prague, Czech Republic http://blogs.hsc.edu/careers
- Nah Min Oo '12 - Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Washington, DC)
- Cameron Marshall '12 - McMullen Public Affairs in Columbia, SC
- Alex Cartwright '13 - Micro-Finance in Costa Rico
2010 Summer Internships
- Kyle Grantier '11 - Washington, DC Office of Senator Jim Webb
- Joseph Lannetti '11 - City of Norfolk, VA
- Adam Lees '11 - VA Port Authority, Portsmouth Office
- Eamon Penland '11 - Micro-Finance in Costa Rica
- Zachary Pierce '11 - Government Relations, North Carolina Ports Authority in Wilmington, NC
- John Blanks Potter '11 - City Government in Germany
- Conor Sanders '11 - Department of Voter Registration, Prince Edward County, VA
- Kenneth R. Simons '11 - Valente & Associates, Washington, DC
- Robert Thompson '11 - Office of Attorney General in Richmond, VA and Rutherford Institute in Charlottesville, VA
- Curtis Tomlin '11 - J. W. Fulbright Commission in Prague, Czech Republic
- Charles J. "C.J." Bauman IV - Greener Oil Company, company based in Charlottesville, VA that recyles waste fryer oil and refines into Bio-diesel.
- Dylan H. Colligan - London, England
- Spencer B. Conover - Civil Rights Program, Kosovo. Blog
- Olander R.J. Fleming - Office of the Virginia Attorney General, Library Services Section, Richmond.
- Kyle A. Martin - The Hong Kong office of White & Case, LLP; under the supervision of Barrye Wall '78. Blog
- William A. Pace - Interned in the
- Pierce H. Robbins - Fulbright office in Prague, Czech Republic. Blog
- James G. "Graham" Tate - shadowing his parish priest at Trinity Episcopal Church in Staunton, Virginia.
- Brian S. Vanetten - Hudson Carluzzo & Rochkind, P.C., Manassas, VA. Also interned in the Hong Kong office of White & Case, LLP, in the summer of 2008. Blog
- James B. "Jimmy" Wood - US State Department in Amsterdam, Kingdom of the Netherlands Consulate Office.
- Previous Public Service Program Summer Internship Placements: Class of 2009 Class of 2008 Class of 2007 Class of 2006 Class of 2005
Class of 2004 Class of 2003 Class of 2002
For information about summer internships with the Public Service program, contact Dr. David E. Marion at email@example.com, or call him at (434)223-6240.