Do you know a student planning to study abroad? We encourage you to explore the office of Global Education and Study Abroad website for additional information.

The following links will be very helpful for you:

  • The Students Abroad website created by the U.S. Department of State was designed specifically with college students in mind and is full of important and practical advice for living and traveling abroad.
  • The State Department has a section specifically for family members.
  • We also recommend that you sign up with the State Department's STEP program as a non-traveler. This is the same program that we require H-SC students to enroll in when they are abroad.
  • For general information about preparing a student (and yourselves!) to study abroad.
  • IIE's "A Parent's Guide to Study Abroad" - download the PDF or buy the book.

Information for parents/families from providers on our semester programs endorsed list:

  • IFSA-BUTLER (Institute for Study Abroad)
  • IES Abroad (Institute of European Studies)
  • CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange)
  • ISA (International Studies Abroad)