It is our aim to get to know you as well as possible through this application. With this in mind, please write a brief essay on one of the topics listed below, in order to show us how well you organize your thoughts and express yourself effectively. The essay is a very important part of the application process for all candidates.
(Answer only one question.)
- Tell us about a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.
- Describe a significant experience, achievement, or ethical dilemma in your life, and tell us about its impact on you.
- Describe some personal object or item you have saved for years and explain why you kept it.
- Explain what you do for fun and how it makes your life better.
- Tell about an experience you have had with people of different race, background, or culture.
- Write on a topic of your choice.
You may type directly into the form, or you may write your essay in a word processor, then copy and paste into the form. You may also mail your essay to:
P.O. Box 667
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943