Get outside and socialize safely during the pandemic! For questions about student events and activities, please contact the CAC Chairman, Harrison Whaley ’21.
Explore Outdoor Options
- Hiking and Biking the Wilson Trail
- Equipment is available for check out in the Office of Student Affairs
- Free of Charge
- Golf Passes
- The CAC has purchased 20 golf passes that can be checked out every day for students to use at the Manor Golf Course. Passes can be checked out in the Office of Student Affairs.
- Free of Charge
- High Ropes Challenge Course and Zipline
- Nestled in the trees behind Kirby Field House, Hampden-Sydney's new High Adventure Course, funded by the CAC, features a vertical climbing wall, suspended ropes and low ropes obstacles, and a zip line extending over Tadpole Hole.
- Contact Mr. Scott Schmolesky at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation to use the course.
- Fire Pits
- Fire pits are located at many locations on campus. Firewood will be available in September and will be located by the red sheds behind Gilmer Hall.
- Firewood is free to students.
- Disc Golf Course
- The Hampden-Sydney College Disc Golf Course features nine par-3 holes that challenge players with water hazards, tight wooded fairways, and medium distance drives. The total distance of the course covers 3/4 of a mile that begins and ends right outside the Kirk Athletic Center. The course accommodates both beginners and experts alike and is open to all Hampden-Sydney area community members.
- Bike or Hike the High Bridge Trail
- The 35-mile High Bridge Trail State Park is 5 miles north of campus. Access the trail near Green Front Furniture in downtown Farmville.
- Bikes can be rented from Sandy River Outdoor Adventures.
- Bikes are also available for daily rental, free of charge, through the Office of Student Affairs.