For information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act HEERF I grants to students, please visit our CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
For information on the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) HEERF II grants to students, please visit our CRRSAA Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
For information on the American Rescue Plan Act HEERF III grants to students, please visit our ARP Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
Here are highlights of other recent awards that Hampden-Sydney College has received.
- In summer 2020, H-SC received a Capital Project Grant from the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges for construction of an outdoor event space.
- In spring 2021, the National Collegiate Athletic Association awarded H-SC a two-year, Division III Ethnic Minority and Women's Internship Grant.
- In spring 2021, H-SC's experiential learning program, Compass, received a Program Development grant from the Council of Independent Colleges' Network for Vocation in Undergraduate Education (NetVUE), with support from Lilly Endowment Inc. The grant will support the Compass program for two years starting May 2021.
- In July 2020, the Jessie Ball duPont Fund awarded H-SC a grant to investigate the significance of the newspaper The Voice of Prince Edward County, which was published in the period immediately following the Prince Edward County, Virginia, school closings of 1959-64. From July 2020 to June 2021, the Center for Public History and Bortz Library will aim to: improve access to and the discoverability of the publication; provide context for the paper; learn more about the impact of the school closings on the community in the mid- to late 1960s; and engage H-SC students as members of this local community.
- In May 2020, the Office of Student Affairs received a grant from PepsiCo Recycling to purchase water refilling stations and recycling bins for plastic beverage containers, with a goal to reduce single-use plastics.