The open enrollment period for benefit elections effective January 1, 2018 begins Monday, October 9, 2017 and ends at 5:00 pm on Friday, November 3, 2017
1. Medical Insurance Plans:
The College will continue with Anthem through the VPC Benefits Consortium as the medical/basic vision carrier.
Anthem Medical Insurance Changes: Employees will have two plan options to choose from for 2018.
• Plan 4 (Low Deductible with a $20.00 co-pay and $500/$1,000 deductible)
• Plan 7 (High Deductible Plan with no co-pay and $3,000/$6,000 deductible)
• Anthem will re-issue ID cards for all members for medical coverage.
For complete details regarding the plan coverages please see the attached Anthem Booklet for Plan 4 and Plan 7 and Anthem Application.
To view the rates for Plan 4 and Plan 7 please see the attached 2018 Insurance Rate Sheet.
2. Dental Insurance Plans:
Dental benefits will continue to be offered through Delta Dental. Low and High Option Plan options will remain the same. There are no changes in coverage or in the premium cost for 2018. For complete details regarding services please see the link for Delta Dental on the Open Enrollment website. To view the rates please see the attached 2018 Insurance Rate Sheet.
3. Vision Buy Up Insurance Plan:
Vision benefits will continue to be offered through UniCare in collaboration with Anthem. The UniView vision plan offered by UniCare is a voluntary buy-up plan. There are no changes in coverage or in the premium cost. For complete details regarding services available please see the link for UniView Vision on the Open Enrollment website. To view the rates please see the attached 2018 Insurance Rate Sheet.
4. Prescription Drug Coverage:
MedImpact will provide Prescription Drug Coverage for 2018. For complete details regarding the change from Express Scripts to MedImpact please read the attached Introduction to MedImpact. (Note:Please read the important information regarding Diabetic Products.)
If you are enrolled in the Medical Insurance you will receive a new prescription drug ID Card from MedImpact for pharmacy coverage.
Co-pays will be as follows:
PPO Plan 4
- Generics: $10.00
- Preferred brands: 30% (minimum of $40.00/maximum of $80.00)
- Non-preferred brands: 40% (minimum of $60.00/maximum of $120.00)
- MedImpact Direct Specialty: 50% up to $200.00
- Generics covering hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes will be covered at 100%
- The lists are subject to change at any time and our list will first be available on October 16th when the MedImpact website becomes operational. The lists are developed and maintained by MedImpact ... and will be inflexible. I will send out a copy of the preventive medication list as soon as it becomes available.
- For complete details please see the attached Medimpact PPO Plan 4 Description.
PPO Plan 7
- Generics: 0%
- Preferred brands: 0%
- Non-preferred brands: 0%
- Medimpact Direct Specialty: 0%
- You pay the cost of the prescription and the cost will be applied to your deductible.
- Generics covering hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes will be covered at 100% The lists are subject to change at any time and our list will first be available on October 16th when the MedImpact website becomes operational. The lists are developed and maintained by MedImpact ... and will be inflexible. I will send out a copy of the preventive medication list as soon as it becomes available.
- For complete details please see the attached Medimpact PPO Plan 7 Description.
5. FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts) for 2018:
LD&B Benefits Administrators will continue to be the administrators of the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2018.
- The Health Care allowable contribution is $2,600.00. You still have until March 31st of the following year to submit expenses incurred in the current year.
- HSC allows a Rollover option of unused funds at the end of the plan year. Participants may carry over health care balances up to $500.00 into the following plan year.
- The maximum contribution amount for Dependent Care reimbursement is $5,000.00.
- New for 2018: If you enroll in PPO Plan 7 (High Deductible Plan) with an HSA (Health Savings Account), you are eligible only for a "Limited Purpose" Flexible Spending Account. The eligible expenses under the "limited purpose" account are vision and dental charges that are not covered by your insurance.
- Reminder: You MUST complete a new application every year in order to participate in the FSA. If you do not complete an application you will NOT be included in the plan for 2018.
- For complete details please see the attached, FSA Enrollment Kit and Application for 2018 .
6. New for 2018 HSA (Health Savings Accounts):
Health Savings Administrators is the administrator for our health savings accounts (HSA's) for 2018.
- An HSA is a savings account that can be used to reimburse eligible medical expenses, like doctor's visits, prescriptions, vision and dental expenses.
- The money is deposited on a tax free (after tax contribution). Those funds remain tax free when used to pay or reimburse for eligible healthcare expenses.
- The College will make a front load contribution in January and will make an additional matching contribution each month based on the employee's coverage.
- Who is eligible for an HSA?
- You must be covered under an HSA-qualified health plan on the first day of the month.
- You must not be covered by any other health plan, including a spouse's health insurance.
- You must not be covered by your own or a spouse's flexible spending account (FSA).
- You must not be enrolled in any part of Medicare or Tricare.
- You must not be claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return.
- For complete details please see the attached, HSA Contribution Structures and HSA Enrollment & Agreement Form for 2018.
7. Election Participation Forms:
Due to the Affordable Care Act Regulations Reporting Requirements, we MUST have a current mailing address on file. If you moved during 2017, you MUST complete the attached 2018 Election Participation Form. Complete all sections of the form as it relates to your coverage needs for 2018. Forms must be completed and returned to the HR Office by November 3, 2017.
8. New for 2018 MetLife Supplement Insurance Plans:
MetLife will provide the following supplemental plan options effective November 1, 2017:
- Short Term Disability
- Supplemental Term Life
- Critical Illness
- For complete details regarding these plan options and to access the enrollment form please click on the H-SC Open Enrollment website link.
All enrollment forms must be submitted to MetLife by November 1, 2017.
9. Live Health Online:
LiveHealth Online is a virtual physician visit service that is more convenient and a cheaper alternative for routine types of illnesses or injuries. For complete details regarding this service please see the attached LiveHealth Online Information Sheet.
Instructions for Completing Application Forms:
Medical (Anthem), Dental (Delta), Vision (UniView)
- If you are currently participating or want to enroll in the Anthem insurance you must select Plan 4 or Plan 7 and complete the Anthem application.
- If you want to add/change Dental or Vision coverage, you must complete a new application.
- If you want to drop Medical, Dental or Vision coverage, you must complete the 2018 Election Participation Form.
- Applications for each benefit are located on the open enrollment link above.
- Applications should be sent to:
- Debbie Herndon, Benefits Manager, at one of the following:
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: 434-223-7049
Mail to: Campus Box 127
Delivered to: HR, 2nd Floor, Cabell House
- Debbie Herndon, Benefits Manager, at one of the following:
All applications must be RECEIVED by 5:00 pm on Friday, November 3, 2017.
- After Open Enrollment is closed, elections can only be made during the plan year if you experience a qualifying event. Otherwise you must wait until the next open enrollment period. A list of qualifying events can be located on the H-SC Open Enrollment website.
- If your salary adjustments in 2017 caused your salary to exceed the $25,001 or $42,501 mark and thus moved your premiums to the next percentage level, effective 1/1/18 your premium will be adjusted to the percentage applicable to your salary.
- For 2018 all medical plan options are non-grandfathered and are fully compliant with the required provisions established through national Health Care Reform legislations. (See Non-Grandfathered Status link on the H-SC Open Enrollment website for complete details).
- Rights under the new Health Care Reform laws and each states Children's Health Insurance Plans are included (See CHIP link on the H-SC Open Enrollment website for complete details).
Prescription Drug Coverage
Flexible Spending Accounts
|LD&B (FSA):||Information Enrollment Packet|
|HIPAA Privacy Notice LD&B|
|FSA Direct Deposit Form|