The open enrollment period for benefit elections effective January 1, 2019 begins Monday, October 15, 2018 and ends at 5:00 pm on Friday, November 9, 2018
1. Medical Insurance Plans:
The College will continue with Anthem through the VPC Benefits Consortium as the medical/basic vision carrier.
Anthem Medical Insurance: Employees will continue to have two plan options to choose from for 2019.
• Plan 4 (Low Deductible with a $20.00 co-pay and $500/$1,000 deductible)
• Plan 7 (High Deductible Plan with no co-pay and $3,000/$6,000 deductible)
• Anthem will NOT re-issue ID cards for 2019 unless there is a change in coverage.
For complete details regarding the plan coverages please see the attached Anthem Booklet for Plan 4 and Plan 7 and Anthem Application.
GOOD NEWS!!! Salary Classifications have increased for 2019 by $3,000.00. The new classifications are listed on the attached 2019 Insurance Rate Sheet.
2. Dental Insurance Plans:
Dental benefits will continue to be offered through Delta Dental. Low and High Option Plan options will remain the same. There are no changes in coverage. Premium costs for dental premiums decreased for 2019 by 2%. For complete details regarding services please see the link for Delta Dental on the Open Enrollment website. To view the rates please see the attached 2019 Insurance Rate Sheet.
3. Vision Buy Up Insurance Plan:
Vision benefits will continue to be offered through UniCare in collaboration with Anthem. The UniView vision plan offered by UniCare is a voluntary buy-up plan. There are no changes in coverage or in the premium cost. For complete details regarding services available please see the link for UniView Vision on the Open Enrollment website. To view the rates please see the attached 2019 Insurance Rate Sheet.
4. Prescription Drug Coverage:
MedImpact will continue to provide Prescription Drug Coverage for 2019. Attached is a revised Value Based Preventive Drug List with an effective date of October 1, 2018. There are no changes in copays. For complete details regarding coverage and copays please see the attached MedImpact PPO Plan 4 and Plan 7 Descriptions.
New for January 1, 2019: MedImpact will apply your actual out of pocket expense to your deductible and/or out of pocket maximum when using a manufacturer's coupon. Under this program, the amount you accumulate toward your deductible and/or out of pocket cost will not include the manufacturer's copay assistance and your true cost will be credited to your deductible and/or out of pocket maximum.
Please note: If you make changes to your Medical Insurance you will receive a new presciption drug ID Card from MedImpact for pharmacy coverage.
Co-pays are as follows:
PPO Plan 4
- Generics: $10.00
- Preferred brands: 30% (minimum of $40.00/maximum of $80.00)
- Non-preferred brands: 40% (minimum of $60.00/maximum of $120.00)
- MedImpact Direct Specialty: 50% up to $200.00
- Generics covering hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes will be covered at 100%
- The lists are subject to change at any time. The lists are developed and maintained by MedImpact ... and will be inflexible. See below for the current preventive medication list.
- For complete details please see the attached Medimpact PPO Plan 4 Description.
PPO Plan 7
- Generics: 0%
- Preferred brands: 0%
- Non-preferred brands: 0%
- Medimpact Direct Specialty: 0%
- You pay the cost of the prescription and the cost will be applied to your deductible.
- Generics covering hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes will be covered at 100% The lists are subject to change at any time. The lists are developed and maintained by MedImpact ... and will be inflexible. See below for the current preventive medication list.
- For complete details please see the attached Medimpact PPO Plan 7 Description.
5. FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts) for 2019:
LD&B Benefits Administrators will continue to be the administrators of the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2019.
- The Health Care allowable contribution is $2,650.00. You still have until March 31st of the following year to submit expenses incurred in the current year.
- HSC allows a Rollover option of unused funds at the end of the plan year. Participants may carry over health care balances up to $500.00 into the following plan year.
- The maximum contribution amount for Dependent Care reimbursement is $5,000.00.
- If you enroll in PPO Plan 7 (High Deductible Plan) with an HSA (Health Savings Account), you are eligible only for a "Limited Purpose" Flexible Spending Account. The eligible expenses under the "limited purpose" account are vision and dental charges that are not covered by your insurance.
- Reminder: You MUST complete a new application every year in order to participate in the FSA. If you do not complete an application you will NOT be included in the plan for 2019.
- For complete details please see the attached, FSA Enrollment Kit and Application for 2019 .
6. HSA (Health Savings Accounts) for 2019:
Health Savings Administrators will remain the administrator for our health savings accounts (HSA's) and the HSA Contribution Structures will remain the same for 2019.
Starting January 1, 2019, you can contribute $3,500 if you have employee only medical coverage or $7,000 if you have family coverage, (includes employee/spouse coverage). Individuals age 55 or older can also make a catch-up contribution of $1,000 anytime during the year in which you turn 55.
- An HSA is a savings account that can be used to reimburse eligible medical expenses, like doctor's visits, prescriptions, vision and dental expenses.
- The money is deposited on a tax free (after tax contribution). Those funds remain tax free when used to pay or reimburse for eligible healthcare expenses.
- The College will make a front load contribution in January and will make an additional matching contribution each month based on the employee's coverage.
- Who is eligible for an HSA?
- You must be covered under an HSA-qualified health plan on the first day of the month.
- You must not be covered by any other health plan, including a spouse's health insurance.
- You must not be covered by your own or a spouse's flexible spending account (FSA).
- You must not be enrolled in any part of Medicare or Tricare.
- You must not be claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return.
- For complete details please see the attached, HSA Contribution Structures and HSA Enrollment & Agreement Form for 2019.
- HSA Administrator's Customer Service is also available to answer any questions you might have about your current HSA. Call 1-888-354-0697 or email them at askus@HealthSavings.com.
7. Election Participation Forms:
Due to the Affordable Care Act Regulations Reporting Requirements, we MUST have a current mailing address on file. If you moved during 2018, you MUST complete the attached 2019 Election Participation Form. Complete all sections of the form as it relates to your coverage needs for 2019. Forms must be completed and returned to the HR Office by November 9, 2018.
8. MetLife Supplement Insurance Plans 2019:
MetLife will continue to provide supplemental plan options for 2019. If you are currently participating in the Supplemental Insurance Plans and do not want to make a change no action is required by you. If you want to enroll or make a change in coverage you will need to complete the attached MetLife Enrollment Form. You can select from the following plan options:
- Short Term Disability (Only a $100.00 weekly benefit amount)
- Supplemental Term Life (Maximum of $100,000.00 for employee and $50,000.00 for spouse without a Health Statement)
- Critical Illness
- For complete details regarding these plan options and to access the enrollment form please click on the H-SC Open Enrollment website link.
Effective date of coverage will be January 1, 2019.
9. Live Health Online:
LiveHealth Online is a virtual physician visit service that is more convenient and a cheaper alternative for routine types of illnesses or injuries. For complete details regarding this service please see the attached LiveHealth Online Information Sheet.
10. New for 2019 (Health Advocate Services):
VPC Benefits Consortium has partnered with HealthAdvocate, the nation's leading healthcare advocacy and assistance company, to help members find providers, clarify treatment options and manage your health and well-being. This new service is available to employees, their spouses, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law. Below are just a few items that an advocate can help you with:
- Finding the right doctor
- Clarify benefit coverage
- Help schedule appointment and second opinions
- Resolve billing and insurance claim issues
- Assist in transfer of medical records
- Explain conditions
- Help arrange eldercare services
You can reach HealthAdvocate Services by phone at 866-695-8622, by email at answers@HealthAdvocate.com or online at www.HealthAdvocate.com/VPCBC. For complete details please see "HealthAdvocate 2019".
Instructions for Completing Application Forms:
Medical (Anthem), Dental (Delta), Vision (UniView)
- If you are currently participating and do not want to change your current coverage, no action is required by you at this time. If you want to add/change your Medical insurance you must complete a new Anthem Enrollment Form selecting PPO Plan 4 or Plan 7.
- If you want to add/change Dental or Vision coverage, you must complete a new application.
- If you want to drop Medical, Dental or Vision coverage, you must complete the 2019 Election Participation Form.
- Applications for each benefit are located on the open enrollment link.
- Applications should be sent to:
- Debbie Herndon, Benefits Manager, at one of the following:
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: 434-223-7049
Mail to: Campus Box 127
Delivered to: HR, 2nd Floor, Cabell House
- Debbie Herndon, Benefits Manager, at one of the following:
All applications must be RECEIVED by 5:00 pm on Friday, November 9, 2018.
- After Open Enrollment is closed, elections can only be made during the plan year if you experience a qualifying event. Otherwise you must wait until the next open enrollment period. A list of qualifying events can be located on the H-SC Open Enrollment website.
- If your salary adjustments in 2018 caused your salary to exceed the $28,001 or $45,501 mark and thus moved your premiums to the next percentage level, effective 1/1/19 your premium will be adjusted to the percentage applicable to your salary.
- For 2019 all medical plan options are non-grandfathered and are fully compliant with the required provisions established through national Health Care Reform legislations. (See Non-Grandfathered Status link on the H-SC Open Enrollment website for complete details).
- Rights under the new Health Care Reform laws and each states Children's Health Insurance Plans are included (See CHIP link on the H-SC Open Enrollment website for complete details).
- See the attachment "Required Notices" for complete details regarding the notifications listed above or you can visit the H-SC Open Enrollment website.
- For your convenience I have also attached a "Vendor Contact Information List."
Prescription Drug Coverage
Flexible Spending Accounts
|LD&B (FSA):||Information Enrollment Packet|
|HIPAA Privacy Notice LD&B|
|FSA Direct Deposit Form|