WHAT is the Shelton Leadership Challenge?
The Shelton Leadership Challenge at Hampden-Sydney College is a six-day summer residential experience where young men explore the cornerstones of values-based leadership - honesty, integrity, compassion, diversity, and social responsibility - through problem-solving and team-building activities, ropes courses, and service projects. The curriculum includes
- Personal Leadership Assessment and Interpersonal Dynamics
- Role of Values and Ethics in Leadership
- Leadership Traits and Approaches
- Teambuilding and Empowering Others
- Civic and Social Responsibility
- Goal Setting
Hampden-Sydney College, in cooperation with the Wilson Center for Leadership in the Public Interest and North Carolina State University, is offering the Shelton Leadership Challenge - June 24 through June 29, 2018 - to young men who want to become better leaders.