Role of the Title IX Coordinator and Title IX Deputy Coordinators
- To accept and respond to reports of harassment, discrimination, and sexual misconduct (including third party reports).
- To determine appropriate interim measures for a complainant upon learning of a report or complaint of sexual violence.
- To take interim measures to protect the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff.
- To conduct Title IX investigations, including investigating facts relevant to a complaint, and determining appropriate sanctions against the perpetrator and remedies for the complainant.
- To provide information about rights and responsibilities, including options to file a formal complaint, pursue criminal or civil actions, and find resources, including support services.
- To ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place for working with local law enforcement and coordinating services with local victim advocacy organizations and service providers, including rape crisis centers.
- To educate students, faculty, and staff on the College's Title IX policies and procedures.
- To ensure training is administered to students, faculty, and staff on the College's Title IX program and issues.
- To meet with students as needed.
Title IX Coordinator
Dr. Melissa Wood
Title IX and 504 Coordinator
Student Health Center, 101
Title IX Deputy Coordinators
Mr. John Hollemon
Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Brown Student Center, Room 301