For information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act HEERF I grants to students, please visit our CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
For information on the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) HEERF II grants to students, please visit our CRRSAA Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
For information on the American Rescue Plan Act HEERF III grants to students, please visit our ARP Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students page.
Here are highlights of other recent awards that Hampden-Sydney College has received.
- A program supported by the 2021 Virginia Wildlife Grant Program, though a partnership between the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources and the Wildlife Foundation of Virginia, will offer a "Wildlife Viewing and Habitat Exploration Camp" for high schoolers in Prince Edward County, led by Scott Schmolesky (Director of High Adventure), Dr. Rachel Gooodman (Biology), and Dr. Scott Starr (Biology).
- In fall 2021, Dr. Caroline Emmons received a Mellon Foundation subaward from Michigan State University to be a testing partner for a common approach to collecting and organizing archival holdings relating to educational institutions' historical ties to slavery.
- In fall 2021, Dr. Michael Wolyniak (Biology) received a National Science Foundation subaward from the University of Houston to bring CRISPR-Cas 9 technologies to undergraduate classrooms.
- In summer 2021, H-SC received a Capital Project Grant from the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges for construction of an outdoor event space.
- In spring 2021, the National Collegiate Athletic Association awarded H-SC a two-year, Division III Ethnic Minority and Women's Internship Grant.
- In spring 2021, H-SC's experiential learning program, Compass, received a Program Development grant from the Council of Independent Colleges' Network for Vocation in Undergraduate Education (NetVUE), with support from Lilly Endowment Inc. The grant will support the Compass program for two years starting May 2021.