In the event of a campus-wide emergency, the College uses its comprehensive communication system known as the "Emergency Notification System (ENS)" to notify the campus community. The system is only used for emergency communications.
In the event of an emergency, the ENS will send critical information, news, and instructions as follows:
- A message will be sent to all student, faculty, and staff H-SC email addresses.
- A text message will be sent to all H-SC student, faculty, and staff cell phones that have been registered ("opted in") with the ENS.
- A message will be posted to the home page of the H-SC web site.
- A message will be posted on the electronic bulletin boards in Bagby Hall, Bortz Library, the Buildings and Grounds building, Graham Hall, Morton Hall, and Settle Hall.
Additionally, critical information, news, and instructions may be communicated through the following means, if deemed appropriate:
- A message will be recorded on the employee emergency/weather notification phone line, which is accessible for faculty, staff, and students by calling 434-223-7003 to hear the message.
- A message will be broadcast from the carillon speakers on the roofs of Carpenter X Residence Hall and Venable Hall.
- Campus police will drive throughout the campus using loudspeakers to broadcast a message.
- Student Resident Advisors will be contacted and they will help spread a message to their residents.