Title IX Coordinators
Role of the Title IX Coordinator and Title IX Deputy Coordinators
- To accept and respond to reports of sexual misconduct (including third party reports).
- To determine appropriate interim measures for a complainant upon learning of a report or complaint of sexual violence.
- To take interim measures to protect the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff.
- To conduct Title IX investigations, including investigating facts relevant to a complaint, and determining appropriate sanctions against the perpetrator and remedies for the complainant.
- To provide information about rights and responsibilities, including options to file a formal complaint, pursue criminal or civil actions, and find resources, including support services.
- To ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place for working with local law enforcement and coordinating services with local victim advocacy organizations and service providers, including rape crisis centers.
- To educate students, faculty, and staff on the College's Title IX policies and procedures.
- To ensure training is administered to students, faculty, and staff on the College's Title IX program and issues.
- To meet with students as needed.
Title IX Coordinator
Ms. Sue V. Carter
Thompson House (Wellness Center), 220 College Road, P.O. Box 25, Hampden-Sydney College, VA 23943
Title IX Deputy Coordinators
Ms. Barbara S. Armentrout
Director of Human Resources
Dr. Jennifer E. Vitale
Associate Dean of the Faculty
Dr. Robert Sabbatini
Associate Dean of Students
Mr. R. Davis Yake
Assistant Athletic Director for Media Relations and Compliance