Applying online is quick and easy.
Complete the following checklist and submit with your application:
- Hampden-Sydney Application
- Common Application
- Official High School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Printable Supplemental High School Form
- Declaration of Finances Form (International Students Only - Print for Parents)
- Standardized Tests: A minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 100 or a minimum IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 7 is required. In addition, the SAT (Code #5291) or ACT (Code #4356) is strongly recommended.
What is my deadline?
Early Decision I (November 1) and Early Decision II (January 15)
If Hampden-Sydney is your first-choice school, this is a great way to apply. You'll know quickly whether or not you've been accepted and won't have to spend your senior year worrying about applying to other colleges or waiting for those acceptance letters. Early decision is a binding agreement which means you're expected to attend H-SC if you're accepted and receive an adequate financial aid package.
Early Action (November 15)
This is a good choice if you want to get the college application process finished early but not ready to make a commitment yet. You will need to make your college choice by May 1.
Regular Decision (February 1)
This is your last chance to apply to H-SC for admission next fall. This is usually the most competitive round of admission at H-SC. If accepted, you have until May 1 to decide whether or not you wish to attend.
When will I know if I've been accepted?
Applicants will be notified via e-mail soon after a decision is made.
Contact Jason Ferguson, Dean of Admissions, for further assistance.