Deactivation of Email Accounts
The following summarizes the email trail below on this topic:
- Students after 1 year after graduation have the option to have an alumni email account (will be changing in the future as we migrate to cloud based email for the student body).
- Faculty and staff who retire can keep their email account for as long they like.
- Faculty and staff upon resignation keep their accounts for 30 days and then they are deactivated. Faculty and staff who are terminated from employment have their accounts immediately deactivated.
- HR periodically sends lists of names of faculty and staff who have resigned to the Computing Center so they can remove them.
- Director Of Human Resources and the IT staff sometimes allow accounts to remain active past the 30 days as a courtesy (see attached spreadsheets).
Deactivation of Accounts on Distribution Lists
For mass email distribution lists:
- Students who graduate are deactivated from distribution lists no later than August 1 of the year in which they graduate.
- Faculty and staff who retire can be kept on distribution lists for as long they like.
- Faculty and staff who resign are deactivated from distribution lists at the time of resignation.
- Faculty and staff who are terminated from employment are deactivated from distribution lists at the time of termination.
Deactivation of Accounts in e2Campus ENS System
- HR sends names of faculty and staff who have retired, resigned, or been terminated to the Webmaster to remove names and their phone numbers from the ENS system. (Friends of the College may request being included in the ENS if they are (1) a contractor working regularly on campus, (2) a retired faculty or staff member still residing on campus, or (3) a service provider that may assist College personnel in case of an emergency.)
- Computing Center removes names and phone numbers of seniors who have graduated from the ENS system.