General outpatient healthcare, education, immunizations, and injections are provided at the Student Health Services either by a nurse or physician.
Student Health Services staff believes that:
- Each student has the right to treatment with dignity by a professional medical staff that has experience in the care of college students.
- The information that a student shares with us must be kept in confidence; it will not be shared without the student's permission.
- A student should be given the opportunity to be a partner in his care and should be given choice of treatment options and of health care providers when such options are available.
- A student should be given accurate, clear information regarding his health problem and prescribed treatment.
- Students have the responsibility to be truthful about their concerns, to follow their prescribed treatment plan, and to ask questions.
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Open for clinic hours on a walk-in basis during the regular academic year (fall term and spring term)
7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., Monday - Friday. College Physician available to see students. Students should be at the Health Center at that hour if they wish to see the doctor. At other times, the Center is staffed by professional nurses who are experienced in the care of health problems that frequently plague students.
Student Health Services is not open for regular clinic hours during school vacations, May Term, or the summer break.
All students are required to provide complete and accurate information about their overall health and vaccination/immunization history. The Student Health Form below must be completed by the student and a health care provider and returned to the following address by the stated deadline.
Student Health, Hampden-Sydney College
P. O. Box 336
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943