There are three different options available to Hampden-Sydney students wishing to study abroad or away during the summer:
1. VA Program at Oxford (VPO)
Two tutorials (history and English) taught by Oxford faculty on the campus of St. Anne's College at the University of Oxford in England
Travel courses and programs designed and taught by Hampden-Sydney faculty
3. Abroad programs offered by other schools and providers
Interested in studying abroad this summer on a non-HSC program?
- First, think about what you would like to study. Would you like to take an elective class or a class that is part of your major?
- Second, decide where you would like to study abroad.
- Visit the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad (Bagby 203/204) and talk with Dr. Widdows about the numerous summer study abroad programs available - and don't forget to pick up the Course Approval Form.
- Complete the Permission to Apply Form by FEBRUARY 15.
- Discuss your summer study abroad plans with your advisor and have the Course Approval Form completed and signed. Return the form to the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad before you depart.
- The final step is to have your application completed and turned in by the appropriate deadline.
- Prepare for your abroad program.
Please request that all transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad:
Attn: Dr. Daniella Widdows
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943
In all courses, you must receive a grade of C or better to earn H-SC transfer credit and have submitted an appropriately completed Course Approval Form to the Office of Global Education and Study Abroad.